The most prominent legal market assessor The Legal 500 ranks the KPMG Law Firm as one of the top players in the Estonian market in its most recent publication.
We continue to be one of the most recognized Trusted Advisers - KPMG Law is one of seven law firms that received high ratings (TIER-2) in the Banking, Finance and Capital Markets. We were also recognized in many other practice areas, including Corporate, M&A; Employment Law; Construction, Real Estate & Environment and Dispute Resolution.
Both our partners have been highlighted - Risto Agur (Banking, Finance and Capital Markets; Corporate, M&A; Dispute Resolution and Construction, Real Estate & Environment) and Karin Oras (Employment Law; Corporate, M&A). Among other things, Risto Agur was also listed in the elite "Leading lawyers" list.
Customers have given us feedback in the following practice areas:
- Banking, Finance & Insurance: The ‘excellent’ team at KPMG Law Estonia ‘works 24/7’ and stands out for its ‘strong cross-border offering’. Notably, the group advised Wallester on its application for a payment institution licence from the Estonian FSA. Risto Agur provides ‘very business-focused advice that you can really use and always aims to meet or exceed clients’ expectations’.
- Corporate, M&A: Risto Agur at KPMG Law Estonia provides ‘high-quality and spot-on advice’. Other members of the ‘very fast, customer-orientated and vastly knowledgeable’ team includes Karin Oras. Feedback to other team members: ‘quickly grasp the key issues and then find a solution’. Highlights included advising a corporation on the sale of a real estate company in a highly leveraged management buyout (MBO).
- Dispute Resolution: KPMG Law Estonia has the ‘very accessible’ Risto Agur who ‘always seeks to get the best outcome for his clients’. Clients include MJ Models.
- Employment Law: KPMG Law Estonia provides a ‘prompt and professional service’ on employment matters. Karin Oras is a key contact.
- Construction, Real Estate & Environment: KPMG Law Estonia has ‘strong experience in advising both public and private sector clients in real estate and construction matters’ and its ‘service is excellent and goes well beyond normal working hours’. Active clients include P81 Business Property and Tallinn City. The ‘very customer-orientated’ Risto Agur is recommended.
Ratings are based on the period from August 2016 to August 2017 on the basis of advised transactions, projects and resolved disputes.
We thank all of our customers and partners for continued trust and confidence in us!
The Legal 500 Overview of Estonian Legal Market is available HERE.
The Legal 500 rankings are a series of international legal directories. For nearly 30 years, The Legal 500 has been analysing the capabilities of law firms across the world, assessing the strengths of law firms in more than a 100 jurisdictions. The ratings are based on feedback from clients, interviews, information submitted by law firms, and surveys by a team of independent researchers with extensive experience in the legal market.